Custom Search

$5 Dinner - Part the First

I *love* One-Skillet meals, and I particularly love them when they cost less than a footlong sub at your local sandwich peddler.

This was dinner a couple of nights ago :

1 half-pound (1/2 inch thick) sirloin tip steak ($1.47 on sale! w00t!)
1 onion
1 tomato (All I had, otherwise, I probably would have used two.)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 - 1 teaspoon of thyme and/or Italian seasoning (I used both)
1 lb Rotelle, Farfalle, or other fun-shaped pasta - we are cooking for toddlers!, cooked.
Oil and your favourite vinegar(s) (I used red wine and balsamic)

Roughly chop onion, tomato, and garlic, and throw them all in the blender with spices and a little oil and vinegar. We're looking for a thick sauce-like consistency.

Chuck the steak onto your favourite well-seasoned big skillet for about a minute on either side, then slice it into about 1/2 in strips. Put the meat back in the skillet, and pour the sauce on top, and let it simmer for a couple minutes.

Mix in the cooked pasta, and heat through.

SERVE!

This was a big hit with E. I think he likes garlic as much as I do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment